a6 4.2L v8 flywheel

I know 034 makes flywheel inserts but they are listed for the 10 bolt cranks and mine is 8 bolt. Can I just use a 2.7T factory flywheel from the s4/a6? The gearbox I'm using is the 012. I need to sort this flywheel/clutch issue asap. Thanks guys!

btw the v8 is going into a 1991 mr2.

I know 034 makes flywheel inserts but they are listed for the 10 bolt cranks and mine is 8 bolt. Can I just use a 2.7T factory flywheel from the s4/a6? The gearbox I'm using is the 012. I need to sort this flywheel/clutch issue asap. Thanks guys!

btw the v8 is going into a 1991 mr2.

Yes but there are spacing issues that you need to deal with.

What are the spacing issues? I'm assuming this will allow me to run the 2.7t pressure plate with an 012 disc?

Good to know, but you have the 034 insert. Anyone know if the pressure plate bolt holes are the same from the 2.7T to the 034 insert? I have a feeling I'm going to have to run to all the audi mechanics in town asking for spare parts to see if this will bolt up the way I think it will.

Good to know, but you have the 034 insert. Anyone know if the pressure plate bolt holes are the same from the 2.7T to the 034 insert? I have a feeling I'm going to have to run to all the audi mechanics in town asking for spare parts to see if this will bolt up the way I think it will.

They are different. With the 2.7t you have to use the clutch from that flywheel. The insert takes the 2.8 or 2.3 S4 clutch.

Back