Griffin trans axles

A question for young Fran as I'm led to beleive he his an agent for these trans, or is fitting them as stock items.
any idea as to a price for a 5 speed dog box? i tried their contact via the site over a fortnite ago but have received no reply.
Any help would be appreciated
cheers John

I would like to know pricing and availability as well. I also filled out the info on their website and have not heard back from them.

Robert

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Guys,...I have asked Delynn the same thing and I have also forwarded your questions to him directy....

As soon as I know I will let you know...promise..

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
I just spoke with Delynn about an hour ago...I asked him to come online and give you guys a little love...he promised he will...

Sorry for my delay in getting this info sent out by emails.
I will post the Info pack here.

Here is the Pricing

View attachment Griffin Gearboxes NEW Price List.pdf

Here are some Speed Charts.

View attachment Griffin 950 SS .zip
View attachment Griffin 960 SS 3.73.zip

Here is how the Shifter Cables hook up to the box.
When we use the Long Shifter.

View attachment Standard Cable Shifter.pdf

Here is the Install drawing, ( the 5 speed is 2" shorter )

View attachment 960 Super Street Install - Shee.pdf

You can Call me or Text me :thumbsup:
@ 210-286-8165

PS: the best time to call is 6:15 to 7:30 am M-F
Thanks
DeLynn

Attachments

• Shifter Cables.jpg
    Shifter Cables.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 859
Delynn, are the units in stock ready to ship? If not, how long from order to shipping date? Thanks, Scott

How and where does one source the shifter cables?

Schills,

The shifter cables look to be from CableCraft (name on package). I've used CableCraft on various projects for years, and enjoy dealing with them. They build to suit, so a phone call, a credit card, and you're done. I suspect Delynn specs out the exact one's for his transaxle. I see you're in California; there's a location in Santa Fe Springs (SoCal) that I use. Delynn, hope you don't mind me jumping in on this.

Andy

I talked to DeLynn at SEMA recently and the answer I got then was the same as it has always been: "Soon".

I hope this really does come to market, but it's been a long time hatching. And in the meantime, other alternatives have been proven, like the new Graziano, and some newer Porsche transaxles.

IIRC I've heard about the same as a Ricardo,, maybe a little lighter, at least that's what is was for the 960

Hey all,

I was just thinking about DeLynns Griffin Gearboxes trannys today and decided what the heck, why don't I submit a query on his web site. Did so in a respectful manner and he responded, within the hour I think. Looks like a whole rack of cases awaiting the internals. If anyone is interested, I will ask him if I may post the pics he sent me.

Just thot to give you all a heads up not to give up on him and his cool trans project. Without knowing from experience how robust the unit is or how it shifts, from a purely aesthetic perspective, in my opinion, his trans is a much better looking, more symmetrical unit than any but the really pricey Albins units.

Just my two cents.:thumbsup:

Pete

This has been going on, for what, since 2010? The odd picture here and there but nothing but a bunch of untested vaporware.

Yes, I realize building a new transaxle is a time and capital intensive project, but having built 4 cars now I've grown tired of being taken advantage of in the industry. Oh, sure, I'll deliver you an engine in 4-5months ..... 11 months later I'm chasing after it still, etc... etc..

Deal with a reputable company and get 'er done, even if it's not the cheapest price, don't sit around waiting for vaporware.

Don't be too quick to write the Griffin off. He has made transmissions in the past so is not new to this. He has had some financing issues but it looks like he is on the way to getting that ironed out and being able to offer a working box. I have been in touch with him about this for some time and this should be a really good box.

Back