RBT

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Any hints on getting in touch with RBT Transmissions? I've sent a number of emails to their website but get no response.

Thanks.

try this, I have also had pm/email from Lloyd

Attachments

• SAM_2647.jpg
    SAM_2647.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 373
Last edited:

Kelly

Lifetime Supporter
Any hints on getting in touch with RBT Transmissions? I've sent a number of emails to their website but get no response.

Thanks.

Lloyd can get pretty busy at times in the shop. It's been a few years but Blanche was very responsive and can assist getting you hooked up with Lloyd if necessary.

RBT Transmissions

Best,
K

I had best luck using the telephone. Lloyd is pretty much by himself and usually has 6-12 boxes open at one time.

I had great service and am very happy with the quality of work.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Difficult to reach by any means has been my experience. What is recommended for oil change and frequency?

Brian Stewart
Supporter
ZF Manual recommends initial change after 3000 miles, then subsequent changes every 12,000 miles. Initial fill 2.7 qts, subsequent fills 2.5 qts.

Brian Stewart
Supporter
These are scans from the Dash-0 manual (first picture) and Dash-2 manual .

Attachments

• Dash-0.jpg
    Dash-0.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 274
  • Dash-2.jpg
    Dash-2.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 278

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
So at the risk of sounding like a moron... it's just plain old 90wt gear oil? No friction additive? Are these not limited slip axles?

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Yes, they are limited slip. I've bought an SAE 90 formulated for use in LSDs for mine.

The reason for the recomendation of non or low EP rating lubricants is that the transaxle by design has to use the same lube in both R&P and transmission sections, While the high EP rating might be desirable in the R&P it will have an adverse affect on the synchro cones etc and affect shift quality. Same goes for clutch type LSD units which sometimes require the friction modifiers mentioned.

Better with a modernised T44 with seperate lube capabilities:)..

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Mike, thanks for the update. No morons around here my friend. Which owners manual? Is it online. I guess I should go scour the RBT site.

Back