Awd rcr slc

Howard Jones

Supporter
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$........................Sorry I couldn't help it.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$........................Sorry I couldn't help it.

American Express finally met its match Howard???:):)

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
As 'hinted at' above, the cost would be ridiculous, but, any car could conceivably be made AWD if one is willing to spend enough time and money.

Whether or not one would be pleased with the overall result once the car's finished might be another matter.

Really wouldn't be that hard to do and wouldn't need the $$$ Howards suggested, just not sure where one would use it, Pikes Peak or the NZ race to the Sky that's going to resurface next year, Monster Tajima needs some competition!

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Its very feasible if a new Graziano transaxle is used...BUT it will seriously compromise interior and footwell space.
I have looked at it and have many of the parts needed to do it on the shelf at the shop...just too busy to build a one off at the moment.

Its very feasible if a new Graziano transaxle is used...BUT it will seriously compromise interior and footwell space.
I have looked at it and have many of the parts needed to do it on the shelf at the shop...just too busy to build a one off at the moment.

how much hp can that transaxle handle because when i get mine i plan on putting aLOT of power under the hood thats why i want awd

Aside of the complications of fitting a 4wd system you will also have the problem of maximising on you efforts. 4wd in its raw state may give a small benefit off the line where one would experience less than ideal traction but it would have a detrimental affect on the handling. Its only with the intervention of very sophisticated electronics and biasing that any gains would be made, mapping the said electronics is another whole expensive can of worms. Also worth pointing out that 2wd rally cars on tarmac stages are faster than their 4wd counterparts.

Bob

It depends on how the engine was oriented. You could do mid engine using a transverse gearbox (such as a VW 6 speed etc) and then run each output to the front and one to the rear diff (similar to the veyron). IF you ran rear engine, you can use a porsche 911 gearbox or mid engine using a lamborghini/R8 gearbox. It won't be cheap however. Dialing it in however will be a chore.

Back