ZF bellhousing scan

This is a shaded view of a ZF dash 0 bellhousing scan I had made and thought it might be useful to someone here familiar with CAD. The scan has been converted to a wire frame model and was professionally done on a $35,000 machine, so it's +/- 0.5 mm accurate.

Because I asked for high accuracy, the original files (just a cloud of points) is huge, and even when converted to wire frame, the .STP and .IGS files are still 60 and 80 Mb. I converted them to a 30 Mb .3DM file (Rhino3D) and a screen-shot of that is what's posted here.

If you're interested, I can load the file to a website where it could be downloaded, but again, a wire frame is like a zero thickness shell, not a solid. There are programs that will convert them if you have a front and rear scan of an object, but I've just just had the front face of the bellhousing done so far.

If you're interested in doing some 3D modeling for your own project, as a reference, the scan and conversion to wire frame cost me $300. If anyone knows about a 3D model of a SB ford engine block or ZF transaxle, please let me know.

John

Attachments

• shaded bell.jpg
    shaded bell.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 311
Back