2.92 ring and pinion from Albins

Pat

Supporter
In July I contacted them and they still have some Audi 016 CW&P sets in stock –

Ratios – 2.92 or 3.22

Might consider the 01E 6 speed, considering that many 016 parts are discontinued, and the 016 is a significantly weaker gearbox.

Pat

Supporter
Scott, I received my 3.22 016 upgraded by German Transaxles and they indicated with both the Porsche limited slip, the fresh internals and proper pinion set, it should be fully durable for my engine (417 bhp). They backed it up with a four year warranty.
I have no reason to question them as my old 016 was great for the thirteen years and thousands of trouble free miles it was in the car.
I also didn't have to go through the apparent grief (and expense) others have faced trying to convert the car from a 016 to an 01E.

Last edited:
fair enough, I mentioned it as I have a client that stripped out 5th gear with 350hp and the case mod and I can't fix the 016 because the 5th gear is no longer available.

If what your customer needs the 5th gear that is part number 016311353E try ECS Tuning. They have the same part number for $185.78.
I believe it may be out of one of the Porsche 944 016 boxes but they indicated to me they are compatible.
http://www.ecstuning.com/

That is just one gear (the gearset requires 2 gears) however he doesn't want to repeat this endeavour and is going with a 01E.

Pat

Supporter
Sorry, I didn't inquire about the second gear. I assumed when you wrote "5th gear" it was singular. Can you provide the part number of the other gear in the gearset? It might be useful for anyone seeking repair and parts sources and not wishing to buy a complete new box.

Back