no 3rd or 4th

Hi Guys

looking for some advice...had my car on the rolling rd today and had it all tuned up which is great, we used all the gears for the road however when we took the car off the rolling road, 3rd and 4th gear seemed to be totally seized , anyone have any idea what could of happened, i still have 1st,2nd and 5th????

The rolling road wasn't one where the car sits at a nose down attitude was it, could be oil starvation in trans rear section if it was.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Wow I never thought of that. Low oil and the what was in it all pooled at the front of the casting running the gears dry at full power. That will do it.

Did it "recover" when it cooled off?

If it's a manual trans without fluid, you'll be needing a new trans. An automatic might have survived but it depends.

We will probably never know Terry as the OP has never come back on the thread to even tell us make - oil - etc, he mentioned that he still had 1/2/5 which should suggest that he has a selector problem rather than a gear seizing on shaft issue if it still moved in those gears- but as some shop in the UK is possibly spending his pounds why should we be concerned!:)

We will probably never know Terry as the OP has never come back on the thread to even tell us make - oil - etc, he mentioned that he still had 1/2/5 which should suggest that he has a selector problem rather than a gear seizing on shaft issue if it still moved in those gears- but as some shop in the UK is possibly spending his pounds why should we be concerned!:)

If it's an 016, 3-4 share the same shift sleeve and fork.. So it could be an internal issue.

Back