Clutch help

I have an RF GT40, I fitted a 6spd 01E and it has a Stage 2 Southbend clutch. Motor is a 414ci stroker Windsor....seems very strong. Anyways clutch cannot hang on, slips end of third gear and full throttle in 4th just buzzes up.. Motor should be good for 500hp.
Anyways hoping someone can point me to a twin plate set up that will take the pain......

Will it hang on Chris? And will it work with my clutch fork or do I need an internal slave? Feel free to pm me with price and more details.

I think I'll try a puk friction plate first and see how that goes. I don't really want to change flywheels as mine is balanced to the motor.
My clutch is actually a Stage 4 Southbend, the strongest pressure plate they make. So maybe for others considering this clutch it wont hang on to anything with go.

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Well, you need a pressure plate that works
Being about a 9" clutch is a bit limiting for clamp force with off the shelf budget stuff unless you can go multi disc of race quality

500 hp needs a 500 hp clutch and gear box
best of luck

Ha ha , I had a throttle stop in for tuning and running in....everything was fine at 80% throttle...give it that last bit and now Im back to the beginning, Talking to Southbend is proving painful but Scott from Advanced is being helpful and hopefully with his advice we can come up with a combo that works.....

AVON CR6ZZ......and they grip awesome.....maybe an easy fix is to put BFG tyres on it for tyre frying action. Got a new 4 Puck plate organised but Im not looking forward to the harsh gear changes and so on that come with angry clutches...

Big thanks go to Jon at Southbend Clutch. They have bulit me a clutch plate to try and hopefully this one can can hang on.

500hp on a single plate clutch and not needing both legs to operate the one pedal is a tall order. Twin plate organic is the best of both worlds without being harsh on the road.

Bob

Back