Porsche G50 box can't select gears with engine running

Hi,

Just got the car ready to try a short run and now find I cannot select any gears with the engine running.

Seems fine with engine off as reverse light comes on and it did get 100 yards up the road a few months ago.

Any advice gratefully accepted.

Thanks

Nick

Think I have fixed it moved the pedal box 30mm further forward and that seems to have done the trick.

Apologies as I am definitely a glass half empty guy, or as my daughter in law calls me negative Brough. I had visions of gearbox off another 4 months work the sky falling on my head etc, and I panicked big time.

Nick

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Think I have fixed it moved the pedal box 30mm further forward and that seems to have done the trick.

Apologies as I am definitely a glass half empty guy, or as my daughter in law calls me negative Brough. I had visions of gearbox off another 4 months work the sky falling on my head etc, and I panicked big time.

Nick

Hi Nick,

Just trying to make sense of this. By forward, I'm assuming toward the driver, which reasonably means you couldn't quite disengage the clutch being it was too far away from you before you moved it closer.

Hi Nick,

Just trying to make sense of this. By forward, I'm assuming toward the driver, which reasonably means you couldn't quite disengage the clutch being it was too far away from you before you moved it closer.

In the right area, wasn't getting enough travel before the clutch arm hit the bulkhead. Apologies for the confusion.

:)

Back