spf gt40 mk2 p2116 hyd clutch

john bach

GT40s Supporter
hyd clutch not working. bled from clutch master cyl. backward to hose from hyd. clutch. no effect. pumped clutch pedal, bled. no effect. bled forward from hose out of bell housing to clutch master cyl. no effect. looks like removal of a lot of parts to get to clutch slave cyl. at my age it looks like a job for Superman, or my local favorite mechanic. any tips? and what slave cyl. to buy? and what new clutch? Roush 427, RBT 5 spd.

Have you checked that you have freeboard at clutch master cylinder pushrod. When you say no effect during the bleeding process was fluid flow happening?

As JacMac said do you have fluid flow? If not change master cylinder (Wilwood). Is there any fluid drip from bellhousing? If so it's the slave. You most likely have a McLeod internal slave. Don't replace it- go to an external slave set up. I had multiple McLeod's fail before I went to an external set up.
You should move this post to the Superformance or gearbox sections for better exposure for your problem.

john bach

GT40s Supporter
thought i was in the SPF section. yes there is fluid flow, in both directions. and there is no leakage from bellhousing. and what is "external slave set up". please give name of manufacturer of this set up and where available. any details greatly appreciated.

Back