Clutch recommendations?

Afternoon gentleman,

I've recently rebuilt the 427 in my SPF GT40. It's now making 546lbs TQ. When disassembling the transaxle from the engine I noticed the clutch was pretty worn especially for only 10K miles of use. What I'm looking for are the best combination of adequate clamping force and reasonable pedal pressure. The car is running Avon c6rzz's

Recommendations?

TIA
Rich.

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
We'll need to know its application -- normal, spirited, or track use?
What kinda TOB init
What Diameter clutch is init atm
as there is a myriad of options available

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
We have had excellent results with the McLeod product. Dennis Olthoff has been racing with 600HP plus engines and the McLeod single plate unit (they recommend a twin plate unit for over 500HP....!)

However the questions asked are relevant to the correct answer. Flywheel size, TOB type, etc.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I have a McLeod complete assembly including flywheel, pressure plate, and clutch disk that Dennis installed with my Roush 427 with ~4500 miles on it in great shape if anyone is interested. I went with lightweight setup on my 302.

I'm currently running a hydraulic TOB. It's a single disc, probably a Mcleod, in 10.5" diameter. The flywheel is 12" diameter. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Rich.

Back