Hydralic Clutch Problem - Porsche 930

I have a Porsche 930 transaxle with a hydralic clutch on my GT40. Some months ago the clutch stopped working properly so I assumed it was the clutch master cylinder. Because of the close mounting space in the front of my KVA, I had to replace my swing mounted pedal master cylinder with a floor pedal mounted master cylinder.

No luck!

I then replaced the slave cylinder on the transaxle - no luck.

Am I doing something wrong? Could the problem be with the clutch release fork or the throw-out bearing or with the clutch itself. I've purged the system several times!

The slave master cylinder seems to be getting the 3/4 inch movement on the clutch release fork as recommended in other forums but I've not measured it yet.

John

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
I haven't put enough wear on my clutch to gain the experience for an answer. Some questions I have is:
1) Can you move the arm (by hand) the same distance without the assistance of the slave cylinder (to verify there is a large resistance and that most likely is the diaphram being pushed)
2) Did the clutch stop working suddenly and completely, or was there a gradual deterioration of it's functionality?
3) Is there any preload on the clutch arm, or does it have a small amount of free-play prior to engagement into the diaphram?

I am not sure that 3/4 of a inch is going to be enough to completely disengage the clutch pressure plate, but assuming that it is and you are indeed getting the full throw out of it, I would take a look at the pressure plate and see if perhaps the diaphragm has a issue.

Feel free to give me a call if you want to brain storm more on this.

Erik Johnson
(720) 899-6005 phone

Terry:

1) Can you move the arm (by hand) the same distance without the assistance of the slave cylinder (to verify there is a large resistance and that most likely is the diaphram being pushed) - No

2) Did the clutch stop working suddenly and completely, or was there a gradual deterioration of it's functionality? It stopped suddenly - I was at a stop light when it failed

3) Is there any preload on the clutch arm, or does it have a small amount of free-play prior to engagement into the diaphram? - no preload

John
Thanks for your inquiry

Back