930 Clutch Disengagement Issue

Steve,

My hydraulic clutch slave cylinder went up on my 930 - I've replaced it but the clutch is not fully disengaging. Do you know how far the clutch release fork must travel to fully disengage the clutch - mine is moving about 1.5 inches!

Thanks

John

Re: 930 transaxle

Ditto! About 3/4 inch seems right. OEM arm.
Perhaps the slave bracket is in the wrong place??

Re: 930 transaxle

Guys,

What is puzzling is that I'm using the same brackets that were on there before - the slave cylinder is from a Jaquar XKE V12. I did have to replace the clutch master cylinder from a swing model to a floor mounted pedal master cylinder as no other one would fit in the frame of my KVA.

I have a smaller tubing running from the new floor mounted pedal master cylinder to the regular tubing that connects to the slave cylinder - could that be a problem?

John
:huh:

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
If the slave cylinder is moving 1.5" when pushing on the pedal, It would appear the problem is at the transaxle end. With that said, 1.5" is a lot of travel, indicating that if the clutch was being disengaged, the pedal pressure would be very high (too high?), in other words, not have very good mechanical/hydraulic leverage.

Question, can this amount of travel be detrimental to the diapham in that it would pull the throwout bearing too far forward?

Back