Audi codes

Can anybody tell me what the code for the correct gearing would be for an Audi A4 trans. I know nothing about trans & gear ratios LSD etc. Just want to back up my Buick 215 putting out about 250 horse 5spd? 6spd? It's all a mystery to me LOL
Thanks

Mike
Are you looking for a trans or just wanting confirmation on suitability. I have built two cars running Buick / Rover on Audi 012 trans and could give you those ratios if that helps.
The 5 speed is about the correct ratio as 1st gear is usable.
Cheers
Russell

I'm just looking at alternative trans that work well with the Buick/Rover. Most that I see for Audi give the model of car A4 I'm not sure about 012 designation. I know the different letter codes are for gear ratios etc. What have you found that work well on the road for that engine/trans combo? As always linking two steps ahead of my self. To a possible Mclaren M1b they used the Traco Olds in.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Diesel will generally Rev lower at the same road speed with everything else equal, so see if you can find one from a diesel

Ian

Hoping this could help

Paul

Attachments

• Copy of Audi Transaxle Ratios V6.xls
    91 KB · Views: 367
  • Audi100_GboxManual008.jpg
    Audi100_GboxManual008.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 470
other info
6speed this time, pic you're choise

Paul

Attachments

• audi v6 6speed gearbox ratio.JPG
    audi v6 6speed gearbox ratio.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 449
  • gear ratio 6speed.JPG
    gear ratio 6speed.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 461
Thanks Paul I'll look them over & have a friend of mine look at them (he knows much more than me about gear ratios). A little confusing though. It looks like the codes are the same for different years etc but are different ratios?

Back