Audi 01E gear shifter

Udo

Supporter
Hi, I am looking for a ready to install gear shifter for my Audi 01E. Can anybody help on this? Thanks in advance, Udo

Hi Udo,
Take a look at cableshift.com based in Phoenix, Arizona. I've got this set up on my RCR GT40. It works well and is probably easier to fit than a rod shift.
Cheers

I didnt know that cableshift did an 01E shifter now,I had a look on their webpage and its not advertised. I have a modified 016 (audi 5000) cableshift for my 01E and it required a bit of modification to work reliably. Maybe its an RCR version

Roaring Forties have one I think. Even has the reverse lockout. Unless I am mistaken, which could be the case. Isn't the O1E a derivative of the 986 Boxster S box, which is also cable shift?

Yes, I had the original Audi 5000 shifter but couldn't get the 5/6 plane on the O1E box. Still 4th was good for over 140mph! Good enough for early testing! Over last winter it had to be sorted and Jim at Cable-shift with Fran Hall at RCR were very helpful in getting another set up sent to me in UK. This replacement gave more movement and enabled the extra 5/6 plane.
Cheers
Roger

Roger I had to do the same with my Audi 5000 shifter, you trim it a little and adjust the linkages to get enough throw,plus I had to make a reverse lockout. The RF shifter is really nice.

Udo

Supporter
Roger, I also have a six gear transaxle. Can you please explain which modifications needed to be done to make the cable shift product work properly?

Hi Udo, contact Jim at CableShift in Phoenix, Arizona and he will quote you to supply the correct O1E cable shift. I had to do minor mods to the brackets to get them to fit and line up the cables but otherwise it was a good product.
Regards
Roger

Udo

Supporter
Hi Udo, contact Jim at CableShift in Phoenix, Arizona and he will quote you to supply the correct O1E cable shift. I had to do minor mods to the brackets to get them to fit and line up the cables but otherwise it was a good product.
Regards
Roger

Hi Roger, I followed your recommendation, and will by from Jim. Thanks, Udo

Back