Transaxle Transverse Sequential Gearbox by Supercar System

My name is Michele Abbate and I work for Supercar System here in Las Vegas Nevada at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. I want to share our all new patented transverse trans-axle sequential gearbox with you all to get some feedback.

The purpose of this post is not to make sales or take preorders - we are currently in tooling stages. The purpose is to share our innovative design and collect feedback from members who are already enthusiast in the mid-engine RWD world. It's current application is for an LS3, but we have an interchangable bellhousing and it can easily attach to a Ford block. It has a standard 28 tooth spline input shaft which will fit a variety of clutches that work for Ford as well.

Our compact gearbox is built for V8 applications and features strong helical gears that are wider and quieter than others on the market. It also has a quick change rear end and the option for custom differential and gearing options. In addition, the bell housing is removable, and it is also reversible, meaning it can be inverted.

I attached our first look document which is a brief overview of the gearbox and some of its highlights.

Please have a look and let us know your thoughts. We are open to all comments and are happy to hear what you think. If you'd like some more detailed files, please visit our website supercarsystem.com/gearbox for 3D step files, gearing options, build of materials, differentials options, and all other information.

We look forward to the discussion! Thank you to Ron Earp for welcoming this post and its discussion. We would like to gauge the interest in the Ford community and are looking for a strong interest to support development for a Ford bellhouse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very interesting. What is the weight? Will there be additional gear ratios available? What is the expected price range?
Ron

The weight will be comparable to other sequential gearboxes. We are currently in tooling so our weights are just estimated at this point. Gearing and differentials can be customized, all options are listed on our website (since I am a new member I cannot post links yet, but if you visit supercarsystem.com/gearbox and scroll all the way down all of the info your requesting is there). estimated retail price of $15,000

Very interesting gearbox. Short overhang, Seq, drop gears and 15k..... Sounds to good to be true, as I've got more than one project where this could be a prefect fit. Thanks for the info I will be keen to see this working in the flesh... Good luck

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
At first look it is indeed very interesting, as for feedback on interest in a Ford bellhousing, I'd say yes, I would be in that category.

Very interesting gearbox. Short overhang, Seq, drop gears and 15k..... Sounds to good to be true, as I've got more than one project where this could be a prefect fit. Thanks for the info I will be keen to see this working in the flesh... Good luck

Thanks for the feedback! We will be sure to post updates when we have more to report!

Michele,

I would also be interested in a Ford fitment for your new transaxle.

Are you still on schedule to release later this year?

BTW, your cars on the site look pretty darn good.

Thanks!

Very interesting indeed. I like the idea of handling that much HP and Torque. I will be building an SLC Superlite with a Mercury Marine SB4 7 Litre engine ( 775 HP ) and will need a reliable transaxle like the one your company is designing...

This is a good idea. I am having some supplier issues at the moment regarding a transaxle for an incoming Superformance GT40 MKII, so the more sources the better.

/s/ Chris Kennedy

Just looking at pics and using those SBC bell housing bolt pattern dimensions as a reference I wonder what the ground clearance would be as per those pics in GT40 or SLC application, I realise it can be inverted, but that makes it no better than the Audi or others that have input above output shaft centerlines with engine installed heights. Oops, just found the road version dimension dwgs... so lets suggest a 27" rear tire , that gives 13.5" - 10.6 = ~ 2.9" ground clearance give or take a bit with driveshafts @ hub height.!

Last edited:

Howard Jones

Supporter
1000Hp and $98,000...………………………………...lets see, I would be surprised if you can do a 1KHP LS for $30,000 and it says the GB is going to be $15K. That leaves $53K for the rest...…………...Tight to say the least.

Just looking at pics and using those SBC bell housing bolt pattern dimensions as a reference I wonder what the ground clearance would be as per those pics in GT40 or SLC application, I realise it can be inverted, but that makes it no better than the Audi or others that have input above output shaft centerlines with engine installed heights.
The original ZF has a very similar vertical offset: 3.1" according to my measurements.

The original ZF has a very similar vertical offset: 3.1" according to my measurements.
Think you missed my point Bob, in the pdf of this transaxle the case containing gears is lower than the bell housing and closest to ground which would result in major problems on rough surfaces whereas the ZF has gears etc much higher.

My drawings have the bottom of their gearbox at the same level as the bottom of the bell housing. The unit is very short, so I don't think ground clearance under the box is a big factor. Where I see a problem is the depth where typical chassis use a hoop underneath the box. In this case, there is no room underneath for the hoop without seriously reducing ground clearance.

Back