mastershift paddle shifting issues. . .

i just bought a SPF gt40 mark 11, 427IR roush, it has a master shift kit, with a paddle style style shifter, if i don't completely granny shift, it misses gears, and makes a grinding noise going in to second gear, anyone have any experience with this master shift? similar issues, suggestions?

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
ZF transaxle? Second gear syncro is a common failure if not shifted correctly with full clutch disengagement. Is the Masterhift clutchless shifting?

Julian

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
ZF transaxle? Second gear syncro is a common failure if not shifted correctly with full clutch disengagement. Is the Masterhift clutchless shifting?

Julian

EXACTLY!!!!!
Unless the transmissi9n has been extensively modified, you still need to use the clutch during gear changes...

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
I assume you are using the clutch right? All Mastershift does is operate the shifter, you still have to manually operate the clutch.

others may chime in, but as I remember it the Mastershift forces the shift very hard and may destroy synchros. I would research it before committing to its use.

Rick Merz

Lifetime Supporter
I looked into purchasing the Master Shift for my ZF but after talking to the person who literally builds most of the RBT ZF's he informed me that it would be a bad decision and that it would most likely damage my expensive transaxle so I decided against it.

Rick

Ditto the others! Might add to call Lloyd Butfoy, owner and builder of RBT ZF
Transmissions. He was great helping me with my own shifting problems.
Being virtually a one man operation, he can miss phone calls when in the shop.
Persistance however, pay's! @ 714 630 2450. Dennis Olthoff is another great source!

Richard

Back