sva test

hi, has any body put a roaring forties gt40 kit through the uk s.v.a. test yet? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Jerry,

The short answer is that there is not a car in the UK yet and therefore we have not been required to take one through the SVA tests.

I have talked at length with people in the industry regarding this test and our car would require some MINOR modifications for the test. These include fitting rocker switches instead of the lucas switches we normally use and are seen on most GT40's. A break fluid level indicator is also required but we have already sourced one here in Australia. The usual heights of indicators and head lights we overcome in Australia , so again no problem there.

The major advantage is that our cars are set up for injection and we offer carbon canisters with a full evaporative and emmissions system. This has passed full Australian Design Rules (ADR's) which is likely to become a requirement in Europe soon. The reason I say this is that people take a LONG time to complete any kit car and rules change usually without notification so it is useful to be "ahead of the game".

I hope this helps,

Best wishes,

Robert

Back