Queensland rego requirements-Windors allowed?

hoppy

Lifetime Supporter
Well after having PR and Gary at GT40 Australia jumping through hoops to get my car registered before the new year,I have been told that Queensland Transport has now recinded the Jan 2008 deadline for Windsor engines and is now open ended.

If only they had told us 6 months ago,we would not have built the car out of sequence in an effort to be ready.

Maybe I can claim the extra labour costs .LOL.

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Re: Queensland rego requirements

Wow Hoppy - that's just bizzare !!! If you had told us that QT had gone the other way & retrospectively banned Windsors back to the day before you joined the queue, I would not have been surprised ! But to ease up & lift the lid, making things easier for a GT40 owner - that's unheard of !

What's the full story ?

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

hoppy

Lifetime Supporter
Peter,

Not really sure what happened as I am still in Afghanistan.PR sent me an email saying that there was no longer a rush to get mine registered as QT had changed their minds about AU series Windsors.Irrespective mine has passed all the brake and noise tests so will be getting registered next month anyway.Then after I make amends with my bank manager it will be off to the painters and upholsterers.

Cheers

Back