Insurance

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but since you have to have insurance in order to tag a car in the U S, I figured this is the right place. After searching for any info, and finding very little, I thought I would throw it out to the forum for suggestions. There was mention of Hagerty and I had a card from Parish Heacock that was obtained several years ago. Saw something on "My Classic Car" once, but that was some time ago. The info on the one insurance thread here on the forum had very little to offer.
So I am posing the question,

"What or who are you using for insurance for your GT40, and what kind of rates are there".

I am more interested in the street cars maybe with limited track time etc. I am sure the coverage will be little for any truly track cars. I would expect most would limit the mileage and usage of the car. That seems reasonable, but would like to get some hard numbers from those that have it or know of who offers it.

Bill

TonyM

Lifetime Supporter
I got a quote from Hagerty for a little under $700 per year 3,000 mile limit (collector car) with an agreed value of $100,000 and a $1,000 deductable. Including comprehensive coverage and $100,000/$300,000 liability.

Cheers,

Parish Heacock has been pretty good - of course, I've never filed a claim so the jury is out on whether they're good with claims processing - but, the rate is good at about $400/year for my 2002 CAV with agreed mileage of less than 3,000/yr. They are familiar with GT40 replicas so that'll make things a little easier.

That's great guys.
Got and internet quote from Grundys for $550(1965 GT40 replica). said have to check drivers record etc. to confirm or modify. Didn't spell out any of the restrictions though. Any others out there???

Bill

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Hi Bill,

I ended up with American National Property and Casualty.

I was referred to them from the forum previously as the company I was using wouldn't insure my automotive "parts" (what they called the car while it was being built) when I went to pick up my kit or during its build. It seems that no one wanted to touch it, but these guys did and did so for a reasonable cost. Coverage is for agreed value (I got to set it without an appraisal) and comprehensive (fire, theft, etc) but no liability. I don't remember what it costs right now but it was tolerable, however they did want all my insurance needs- house, other car, etc... Coverages were all comparable but it was worthy of mention.

Again, no claims on it so no idea how they are from a customer service standpoint when they're needed but so far so good I guess.

Once the car gets mobile, I will again check in with my previous agent and call around for quotes. We had talked about it and it was reasonable still with the liability, but there was a mileage limitation of ~2500 or 3500 per year which I want to not be held to.

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Safeco $350/yr
3k mile limit
65k agreed value
100/300 coverage $1k deductable

Just got a hard quote from Heacock of $565 for agreed value of $60K with $1000 deductable. Took some negotiating to get it that low. Started out at $1015. Any others out there with ideas or quotes on insurance?

Bill

Bill,

Check out Classic Automobile Insurance Co. (800)-397-0765

650.00 per year / 250.00 deductible. 65k coverage ... (Hagerty wanted over 1k yr)
The area that you live in will affect rates.

Back