European Superformance registration

Hi jo..,
well I don't think that an SVA registration would be cared about in continental europe as benelux , france and germany all have their extra regulations , as for my country(luxembourg) all car that passes german TUEV will be allowed here

Yes, there have been a few in Germany. You should talk to Herman Eshuis of Superformance.nl
He will be in this week before he goes on a small business trip/holiday, but he can help you out.

John

Am I right in thinking that a car registered in any EU country (including UK!) can be used in any other EU country, and reg transferred if necessary? i.e. get it SVA'd then register it in your home country?

no, that is not correct Jono. Some places like Germany & Switzerland have differing (much stricter) regs.
For example, you cannot fit any aftermarket parts (wheels, exhausts, etc) to cars in Germany & Switzerland unless they are approved and TuV tested, and this applies to imported pre-reg'd cars too.
A friend got around this by having his car registered to a family members house in the uk, but kept in Switzerland. It had to return to the UK a couple of times a year to say it was still uk regd, else he would have had to go through the swiss registration process.

Also, things like power and emissions restrictions must be applied to imported vehicles to be reg'd in that country. The classic here on bikes is the 100bhp limit on French bikes, but not on any other countries, so someone importing a UK bike to France has a hard time to get it registered.

Craig Gillingham

Banned because I can't follow the forum rules.
i thought the new BIVA scheme is being introduced fom April09 to harmonise road vehicle standards across EU Members.

Based on that, I "assumed" any BIVA test would be applicable to any european country provided the correct road registration paperwork is followed for the particular country where its intended to be registered.??

or simply....

a single European Standard?

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
French Vince

I know of a few cars that were "imported" to France from the UK
Ken Saunders, Robin Sundt, and Oliver spring to mind

The first 2 are still owned by their British builders who emigrated to Southern France and Oliver bought one from Simon Winters

So I would presume you can do this - perhaps others have more first hand information.

I also believe there are some cars "kept" in France but still on British Number plates and they make a trip to the UK once a year to pass the MOT inspection

Regards
Ian

hello people

i've heared that spf gt and some other versions can be registered in europe as 1966 vehicles so they are considered historic vehicles, anyone knows anything about that? :huh::huh::huh:

i don't know if is it the same as abroad but here in italy historic vehicles with more than 30 years have lots of advantages regarding taxes, insurances and suffer no limitation of circulation even if they dont have anti pollution systems:pepper::pepper::pepper:

Here in Holland all kitcars get SVA'd in England and then imported into Holland.
Some german brands use TÜV, but almost all do SVA, it's also possible to do it via Poland.

Here you just need to swap the lights because we drive on the right side of the road and in England on the left. And some changes to foglights and reverselights. Same is for Belgium but they need some kind of verification from the kit manufacturer.

Greetings,

Bram Boekestein
Holland

Back