knock off's and sva

Mike Pass

Supporter
You will also have to put a radius on the outside edge of the nuts which replace the spinners for SVA. I believe they will have to have a radius of at least 2.5mm. Lots of people do them. Try Mick Sollis or Frank Catt.
Cheers
Mike

Mike Pass

Supporter
Jay - That's a really good question.
I guess it should be the same as the torque you get whan you hit a three pointed spinner hard with a big heavy hammer! A best guess might be that most of the wrenches I have seen that fit onto the three pointed spinners (for where the spinners are too deep inside the wheel rim to be hit) have bars about 4 feet long. Maybe the best way is to whack one on with the hammer and then see how much torque it takes to undo it with a three point wrench attached to torque wrench.
Cheers
Mike

Does anyone know if there are registration problems with spinners in Australia? I have 3 eared spinners and alloy nuts, not sure if the comment regarding the registration with nuts is easier in Oz?

My engineer gave me a huge list of issues for my RCR 40.

Jason, no problem with Spinners in Australia. Just as long as they do not protrude past the outside of the tyre.

I think your huge list of issues will evaporate once I have all the compliance paperwork sorted here. Your RCR-40 was supplied before I became involved, so has been delivered to a different specification to the Australian units, but can be easily upgraded. You will need to substitute and/or add some parts with suitable compliant ones. As a service to RCR brand in Australia I am happy to support your RCR-40 even though it was not puchased through me.

Last edited:
Thanks for the generous offer on the support for any non compliant areas in the car. I'm sure it will get there in the end and I do appreciate the support.

Does anyone have a set of centre locking nuts I could borrow for my IVA test?! At 75 quid each they are a bit pricey for a one off!

Thanks.

I thought that the only issue was with spokes on the spinners protruding past the outside edge of the car and also presenting a sharp edge in case of a collision. If the wheel nuts are applied to the correct torque settings.

What are the other problems?

Thanks.

Mike Pass

Supporter
You will also have to have a radius on the outside edge of the nuts which replace the spinners for SVA. I believe they will have to have a radius of at least 2.5mm. There are many parts which have to have a minimum radius for the test. The testers have a range of radius checkers for radii and their location.
Cheers
Mike

Back