UK Rules worth reading?

Copied from the article linked by Ian;

"Theses specific rules apply only to cars with a monocoque chassis"

If that sentence is correct, then this would not effect us space-framed chassis types.

I agree though with Martin's sentiments. :(

That's it Ian. While you wait for a Polititian to sort it out, I'll be busy tooling up a small factory ready for the big order I've been promised for Chocolate Toasting Forks. Easy money I reckon. I love a dead-cert.

Been researching this on the web which leads to greater confusion the more one reads.

Any idea where a chap would stand if his car was first registered in '94, (pre sva), but he now decided to change the engine for a different type. (ie. 8cyls to 12)? Clearly a car such as that would not pass BIVA, SVA IVA or any other such 21st century test for reasons not connected with the engine swap, but perfectly standard to the original design as first registered.

Copied from the article linked by Ian;

"Theses specific rules apply only to cars with a monocoque chassis"

If that sentence is correct, then this would not effect us space-framed chassis types.

The above seems not to be accurate. Seperate chassis are included apparently.

What gets me is that this comes in under the radar.
I'm feeling more and more as the years pass that our freedoms are being eroded. We don't need more regulation or legislation. What we need is less Government.
I feel like we are all being micro managed with far too much power being taken by the state. We need a change of Government that's for sure, even it it will just stem the tide for a while.
I haven't seen one benefit from being closer to Europe. I don't want closer ties. In fact I'm very glad we have a stretch of water between us and the continent.
Bottom line is they don't want old cars on the road. They want us all to be driving diesel euro boxes.
Martin

click.............. BANG..............thud

The sound of me blowing my F***ing brains out.

100% agree with you Martin. Whenever I am in the U.S, I hate the way we Brits are refered to as Europeans. NO I AM NOT. And neither are half the other countries that clammered to be in the EU.

Eurovision song contest! Despite it being C**P, half the countires that enter the competition are from the middle-east! At least as far as my compas and globe are concerned.

It can all be summed up by the fact the the EU is run out of a place that is named after a vegetable that makes you fart!

I'm going now before I hurt myself! ;)

Back