Gtd registration problems in the uk

Hi Guys ive owned my gtd for ages its pretty much complete the only things ive got left to do are get it painted and fit a carpet set and some door locks (probably loads more of little bits). i managed to get it through an sva test 18 months ago which was fun! i am at the point know that i need to get it registered and i don't want my car to end up on a Q plate. i hav'nt got much paperwork for the car so i think i am going to struggle with things like certificate of newness, receipts etc. i was hoping that the wisdom of some of you knowledgeable guys could put my mind at ease and point me in the right direction.
thanks for having a read and i hope to hear from you
Adam

Hi Adam,

You basically have to find yourself some documentation. You could try Microsoft Word or Excel, File, New. There are loads of company names in your head that you can come up with invoices from and certificates of newness. Showing how they reconditioned your engine etc to as new condition.

D.

For the sake of our entire community, I would suggest that all advice on this subject is kept to PM's or emails.

Don't neccessarily use this method with IVA, as i believe you have to send all this off with the application form. The guy at Swansea has given my applications a right grilling before, pulling up small differences in engine power at rev data etc.

SVA didn't require proof up front, so you take it to the local DVLA office and the girl/guy at the counter takes a quick look and files it all, allegedly!

IVA appears to be a different case.

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
I do not think telling builders to make up their own paperwork is really the correct thing to do.

Its against the law and could result in the vehicle being crushed.

Thanks

Andy

Adam,

I could be wrong here (and I hope I am) but on the cobra forum there was a rumour that if you had sva'd your car and didn't regeister it before the iva came in, you would have to put your car through the iva test?
Like I say, just repeating what I'd heard, no experience of it myself.
Simon

hi guys
looks like the sva certificate is now not going to do the trick(teach me not to sort it all out in a reasonable amount of time). does any one have an idea what the diffrence is between the sva and the iva? Also where is a good place to buy a carpet set or get one made, and im not sure what wing mirrors to put on the car.
thanks again guys for helping me out
Adam

Adam,

If you want to know the differences between the IVA and SVA might be worth having a word with Mick Sollis at Southern GT Southampton. He has put his cars through SVA and IVA, (and helped those in difficulty with other manufacturer's cars), at the centre in Southampton, and has a wealth of knowledge on the subject.

Regards

Nick

Last edited:
thanks again for all your help guys, just heading to the detling kitcar show to have a gander at what my car should look like when its done and hopefully pick some brains while i'm there

spoke to Mick at southern gt and booked my car in for the begining of April so he can prep and put through the iva. Thanks for the advice guys and i will let you know how it goes
cheers Adam

Back