Aussie ADR

Hi guys, any Australians registered a GT40 in the last 12 months,
ifso how dificult is it to meet ADR and to get it certified by a engineer.
Any pictures of 5.0 V8 with cats or is it easier then i think.
Any imformation welcome as this will determin if i buy a 85% completed car that needs a motor and some minor work to be completed.
Thanks Keith

Kevin Box

Supporter
Keith

I have joined Cobra car club in SA - there is a couple of guys here who have been through recently so will chase them.
What state are you in ????

KB

Kevin Box

Supporter
In Victoria and SA there is a certification for 5.0 using MOTEC
I can find out about it if you like.
Also I have to get chassis cert done so maybe we could get the cert done together and reduce costs????

KB

Keith you need to speek to a certifying engeneer in the state you wish to register the car. Each state have a very different way of interpreting the rules.

Darrell
DRB G50 LS1

Kevin Box

Supporter
Keith

Darrell's advise is good - suggest you join a car club that has similar vehicles. This may put you in contact with the right people to solve such things as emissions etc.

Try Cobra Car Club of Victoria (www.cobracarclubvic.org.au)

KB

I am a VASS (Vehicle assesment signatory scheme - Vicroads certification engineer), give me a call if you want to discuss, the whole ICV compliance thing is quite a lengthy subject and the recent emissions changes are the topic of hot discussion.

Regards Paul 03 9466 4711

Keith,
Paul is a good lad to talk to about such matters. Personaly I think he talks to much sense.... :lipsrsealed: I still wanna 347 or there abouts...Ford managed to certify them. Surely we gotta be able to do it!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Seriously though it is something all builders dread but have to do:furious:
I will keep looking out to see what will be available when I am ready for an engine.
Cheers, Gus.

Paul is a good lad to talk to about such matters

I would 2nd that. Paul is a great bloke, talks no crap and is realistic about what can be licensed and what can't. The 40 cents you spend calling him might save you thousands done the track. :thumbsup:

Craig Gillingham

Banned because I can't follow the forum rules.
how are the aussies coming along with the SLC registration in AU.? just seems very quiet with the news out there.!

Craig, very few Aussie RCR SL-C owners are up to the stage of registration. But we have had certified engineers in most states view our compliance/testing paperwork and kits in person. The latest being in SA. Getting pretty excited as we have a few SL-C's that are close to being finished and ready for registration. We have extensively customised the specification of our kits for both compliance and to satisfy the requirements of our customer base.

We have been quiet due to the large work load. Even with the work force I now employ, there is only one of me unfortunately.

My advice is to look for engineers that have certified GT40 replicas before. Also be wary of engineers with vested interests. The enthusiast clubs are the best source of information in this regard.

Certainly exciting times with both NSW and now VIC rolling back emissions requirements.

Back