Silencing - UK IVA

Hi guys,

Has anyone ever tried using Supertrapp style devices for a little extra silencing to sneak through IVA?

Another thing that has come to mind on silencing is intake noise. We had dreaful problems with noise regulations when i was a kid doing kart racing. We found there that intake noise was a factor, and some of the air boxes that we made up made more of an effect on the measured noise than mods to the silencer. Obviously the exhaust and intake on racing karts are fairly close in relation to one another, but, it occurs to me that they are fairly close on GT40's too.

So i wonder if anyone has any experience with this. I'm just thinking ahead for ways to make some small improvements if there is a problem on the test.

Regards,
D.

We used to be the UK dealer for Supertrapp and used them extensivly on race cars etc.They worked very well and you could add or take away baffles to alter the engines characteristics.
For the IVA, forget it, you can't get the emissions probe up the tail pipe, it's blanked off by the baffles.
Mike

Craig Gillingham

Banned because I can't follow the forum rules.
You can drill a hole but then effects overall effectiveness anyway. Then the other associated probs of housing / covering them for sharp edge.
Gave me about 1db decrease which was neither here nor there when it was 8db over anyway.
I have 2 for sale if you still need some
cheers

Back