Ford 2-dr Saloon For Sale

Andrew, me thinkth something not exactly right about your mid - 1960's old "Ford 2 -dr saloon." Now what kind of Ford could you be speaking of........ Any photos?

Jim... sorry no photographs available, but the title document just calls it a "Ford 2 dr saloon". That's the vaguries of the UK title system!... Andrew

...and what, pray tell, would happen if that VIN magically appeared on something Ford-powered and looking like it was from the 1960s, but in fact built in somebody's shed in the past few months, eh?

Is that something that perhaps could enable a GT40 replica to get on the road in the UK with no muss, no fuss? I have heard of that sort of thing happening in the USA...and in fact I met a guy at a car show once who owns a '1967' Mini Cooper equipped from the factory with air bags, fuel injection, etc. etc. etc..... :laugh:

I've a friend who owns a scrap yard with a number of 1960s-70s cars. He always keeps the Fords and their V5 title documents for people who care to restore them. I presume it's illegal to place the VIN on a kit car, although I'm aware it does take place.
Call +44(0)7759751320 or mail [email protected] if interested in a restore project... Andrew

Is that something that perhaps could enable a GT40 replica to get on the road in the UK with no muss, no fuss?

Mike, that sort of thing is highly illegal and NOT something that had even occurred to Andrew I'm sure.
Talk about this sort of thing on an open forum puts all the legally registered and law abiding owners/builders under suspicion. Please take the advert for what it is, a restoration project and keep your assumptions to PM's/emails.

Simon

Guys,

It's perfectly legal to use the car as a donor to build the 40 from and use the log book (V5) for the documentation to prove where the components came from. Obvious disadvantages are the donor parts would need grafting on somehow which might not be easy. But to get a 60's registration number might be worth it.

You can always upgrade the 40 after you have built it and correct the documentation as you go which again is perfectly legal.

D.

Back