Importing from UK

i am thinking of buying a Ducati Paul Smart from the UK, and ship it to Kuwait .
did not ship any cars or biks from the UK before , so i am going to need some one to explain to me how does it works .
In the US all i had to de is pay the seller and make him sign the title for me , along with a bill of sale that's it.
how does it work in the UK ?

regards

i am thinking of buying a Ducati Paul Smart from the UK, and ship it to Kuwait .
did not ship any cars or biks from the UK before , so i am going to need some one to explain to me how does it works .
In the US all i had to de is pay the seller and make him sign the title for me , along with a bill of sale that's it.
how does it work in the UK ?

regards

Abdul the title here is a document v5c. If you need this document in your name it will have to be sent off to the DVLA (government) to be changed. This can take a week or two, the vehicle will also have to be taxed or registered as off the road ( sorn ). The crating up wont be a problem but when the bike and paper work get to you the section on the title which states " vehicle permanently exported" will have to be filled in and sent back to the dvla straight away. The sorn or taxed status will only last a year and if they are not renewed there will be penalties stacking up in your name here so sending back the paperwork is important. Hope this helps

Bob

Edit. If you need a decent shipping quote go on line and register with U ship.They will get you a very competitive quote for a crate door to door.

Last edited:
Back