Registration in Germany with history-plates for a kit

As said in the users introduction; I want to build a GT40 kit in germany, and would prefer to get a history-registration. I talked to some other Kitcar-driver here in germany, and it seems to be quite difficult. Are there any german gt40 driver who have done it? Are there any GT40 "Stammtische" in germany, where I can get into contact with other GT40 driver/builder with some registration experiences? I would really like to meet you guys ;).
Best regards from Leipzig,
Felix

also interested in hearing about this

my best guess at the moment... is that it would be best to find a dead replica chassis, built say in the 80's, (either in germangy or overseas) with corresponding original registration details, and then "restore" that chassis, maintaining (only) the identification plate.

tornado apparently have something sorted to get their cars through TUV, but im not sure how... might want to contact [email protected] to see how they organise it

cheers
ed

Already talked to Andy. The TÜV doesn't seem to be the problem. But a history registration seems really tricky... Buying a wrecked kit from the 80s just for the identification plates would be quite expensive I guess... No one in the board with a german "H-Kennzeichen" on his GT40-kit in the board?!?

Back