Post IVA licensing

Having passed IVA I now require to apply for a Log book. Who can tell me what tax bracket my car is in? The engine was manufactured in 1990 25th November 1990.
Any guidance appreciated as I cant find any relevant information.

Many thanks

Last edited:
So my application has been rejected as I require a NOVA. Called DVLA who didn't have a definitive answer if this was correct or not but said "fill one in anyway and attach a covering letter". Seems to be red tape has everyone baffled

Ed McClements

Supporter
Why do you need a NOVA? That stands for Notification Of Vehicle Arrivals and is for imported vehicles, not amateur-built vehicles.

Neil

Supporter
I simply could not live with such bureaucratic regulations.

Regards, Neil Tucson, AZ

Mark ....... please let us know how you get this resolved as there seems to be a 'lost the plot' situation continually going on at the DVLA. I have a friend who is very involved with various DoT consultations and he has an 'ear' at a very high level and I report this type of nonsense to him so as he can pass it on.

Mark ....... please let us know how you get this resolved as there seems to be a 'lost the plot' situation continually going on at the DVLA. I have a friend who is very involved with various DoT consultations and he has an 'ear' at a very high level and I report this type of nonsense to him so as he can pass it on.
Steve I have filled in said NOVA and sent it off ( 1st August) with a covering letter as discussed via telephone with both HMRC and DVLA! It takes approximately 2 weeks for a reply which then starts the process to reapply for a V5. I’ll keep you updated, many thanks.

Back