GT40 and SVA in the UK?

Has anyone got their 40 through the SVA here in the UK? If so are there any issues that affect these cars in particular, is height of lights, seat belt mounting heights etc.
Thanks
Simon

Hi Simon,
A number of club members have now put their cars successfully through the SVA test and one such member, Ian Goodwill has written up the experience / process in the latest club magazine.

Join the club to get your copy, or wait as a selection of pages will be posted on club web site soon.

Simon,

I have put my car successfully through SVA last year. There are some more difficult issues than those you mention which are not a problem and depend on the make of car you are building - it's big subject but by using common sense is relatively straightforward and should not put you off.

I did an article for the GT40 Enthusiasts club in the last but one issue. If you wish to join the club please contact Chris Edwards by e-mail at '[email protected]'. I am sure he can get you a copy of the article.

Regards
David

Simon,

It's great news that more 40's are going thru SVA, proving it's not impossible & getting more 40's on the road.

Have you considered that you can skip the necessity for an SVA by buying a car already registered & re-building it to your own spec?

It's by far the most cost-effective way into building, owning & driving a 40. Current s/h values are low, especially when compared to the cost of building a car from scratch.

When I was doing my sums prior to ownership, I found you can buy a basic spec used GTD (302, renault 'box, leather, air-con, etc) for about the same price as a new rolling chassis. It's a long & expensive road from a rolling chassis to a complete car!

Hi Simon, I have put many cars through SVA. I have a help guide for that process. So of the test is new to me, though there are ways to get around most of the problems. If you need further help, please e mail me directly on [email protected]

I have been supplying parts and services for the GTD owners for 16 years. I now run MDA which is a dedicated GT40 parts and technical service business. I offer parts, upgrades, Body chassis packages and advice.
my new website is coming hopefully at the weekend at www.gt40uk.com

If you are thinking of building a GT40 and want further help and advice contact me on [email protected] and i can give you our contact details.

All the very best

Mark Sibley
MDA

Back