outdoor car cover wanted - UK - any ideas?

I'm looking for a high quality tailor made car cover for my GTD. I'm after one that can be used whilst the car is being towed on a trailer.

Does such a car cover exist & does anyonre have any ideas where I might get one?

any suggestions or ideas gratefully received!

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Julian.
Pick a dry day and if you can avoid car covers when towing. There may be some
superb covers available that are suitable for it but probably at a considerable cost.
My experience was not good when I trailered my car to Tony Law in Leeds.
The cover was nice and tight and even stretched down to fit, but once underway
it was flapping and eventually did damage - luckily the car was stll in gel coat at the time.

Timothy Man,

What is the part number for this cover? What is the material? And the most important,,,how much?

Thanks,

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Faili my friend,

Calif. Car Cover
1800-423-5525

#C12282wg, 66 Ford GT40 Mark I
comes with storage bag
$299 usd (4-5-05)

I bought it in a "Superweave" material. But you can order it in any material that they sell, depending on how you want to use it.

The Superweave is a very, very lightweight material mainly for inside cover. You can order a catalog from them or their website should have all the info.

Morton Lad,

$309.99 and it comes in many different colors. I asked for one of their catalogs to see how everything looks.

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Julian,

I have one of the heavy duty car covers from Classic Additions. It's the right one for the '40, and I'm not using it anymore (as I have a garage these days). It is used, I'll check out the condition, and maybe we can come to some deal?

Email me if interested.

Cheers,

Max

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Tim -

Do you know if that will fit the Gulf Flare version (not sure what you have).

I just got off the phone with 'K'alifornia Kar Kovers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif and he said they fit both Gulf/Non Gulf but sounds suspect he seemed like a yes man on the phone but others may have called and he may have already checked on the info a bunch of times...

He quoted a price of $189 for an indoor only cotton/flanel cover FYI. 10-12 day time to build.

Sandy

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Sandy,

I believe it will fit gulf "hips". Although snug on my car without the "hips", it may only extend the elastic a bit more and not come as low over the tire by a couple inches. As it is right now, the cover comes over the wheels within 3-5 inched off the ground (If my car was together I would post a pic but it's unassemble right now, sorry)

Sandy,

It is interseting, the guy never mentioned the indoor cover to me!! I also did not feel too good about him. I am sure the cover is good, it's just the sales people, they seem to be out of it.

Hey we all live in "K"ali, one of these days we will cross paths and may be then we can try Tim's underwear, I mean cover for fitting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
"What underwear?"
At least that's what I like to hear my dates say /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif

[ QUOTE ]
......it's just the sales people, they seem to be out of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite the contrary was my experience. The gentlemen that helped me, steered me through all the options and was most helpful. Must have got'em on a good day. Although same good service with second order for a BMW /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Faili -

He could smell the $$ ready to spend and figured that he would tap you for all your worth, don't fall for the diamond coat undercoating line either /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

No car yet for me so I'm not in a rush to do the order, but when I do I'll make sure that I get the chumps name and ask again, "are you sure it will fit with the wide flares" and if it doesn't, it will go back.

We may have both spoke to same guy and he may not have had his Double-cafe-latte with a half cafe twist from Starbucks or some sort of 'Kali' thing...

Sandy

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Sandy,

I'm not far from you, you can try my cover. I'm in the inland empire and I head into LA often. When ever your ready. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Back