302 parts wanted UK

Just wondering if anybody can help here.
I have bought a very nice but dismantled 302W engine, but there are a couple of minor parts missing. I was just wondering if anybody has either of these parts lying around, they might want to sell. Firstly it's the harmonic damper/balancer on the front of the engine and secondly, it a spring retainer for the valve springs (looks like an upside down top hat) Any help much appreciated.
Thanks

Simon

simonjrwinter said:
Just wondering if anybody can help here.
I have bought a very nice but dismantled 302W engine, but there are a couple of minor parts missing. I was just wondering if anybody has either of these parts lying around, they might want to sell. Firstly it's the harmonic damper/balancer on the front of the engine and secondly, it a spring retainer for the valve springs (looks like an upside down top hat) Any help much appreciated.
Thanks

Simon
Hi Simon
Regarding the damper, you have to indicate what kind of 302 version you have. The first generation (until 1981) was equipped with an heavy crank and the external balance (as well on the damper as on the flywheel) was 28 OZ. The second generation (1982 and later) was equipped with a lighter crank and the external balance was increased to 50 OZ. In order to avoid any miss balancing and vibration risk on your engine, you have to check this point ;) .

i have a bunch of parts that im not using off my 302. if you still need parts let me know what you need. all im using is the block.

Back