Whats cheapest shipping of parts -USA to AUS???

Hi all,
I am after some C4 suspension bits, mainly:
88-96 Vette ft arms, and spindles, lower arms, 88-96 Vette ft brakes(rotors and calipers).
Anyhow i found some at a good price on ebay but they were attached to a front crossmember with other peices i didnt need. The seller was happy to remove and send only what i wanted if i won so asked him to roughly calculate a post of the listed parts above. He quoted $650 via UPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dont care how long it takes but someone please tell me how to get these parts here cheaper!!
Thanks
Jonesy

You may want to check with Russ Noble. I accumulated some parts to send to him in one batch. He knows a shipper out of Los Angeles. He might have an angle that may save you on the import tax as well. Ups is not the cheapest route. There are some local shippers the seller can use that will do as well if he is willing to look through the yellow pages.

Bill

The USPS is generally 1/2 the price of UPS to Aus, unfortunately the surface post option is now gone which was the cheapest (if slow way to go). If you can find space in a container thats the way to go, but it can be frustrating and you're dependant on other people to pull thier finger out and do it.

I gave up on one such deal and shipped a used transmission over through a normal shipping line and by the time I got my hands on it had dropped about A$1K on shipping, agent, customs and AQIS costs for a US$600 box. I'm still way in front of the local price though so I am not complaining too much. How much of those agent and customs inspection fees I'd have had to have paid if it'd come in a container of other stuff would have been pure luck I suspect.

Second hand car parts should not attract import tax, none of mine ever have. On my last trip to the states I brought back 4 car wheels (used) & 2 car seats (new) and paid no excess baggage (being silver on Qantas (which is like being in limbo in FF land)) or taxes of any sort. Some dampers brought back by a mate got pinged for GST though, even though they were under the $900 limit, so go figure that.

I looked at getting some engine and gearboxes out of the US this year. It was going to cost me $100US to get a gearbox to New Zealand. Only had to get it to the shipper in LA and they would put it in a container next to cars they were shipping. You might find that if you contact a car shipping co, they would do it for a lot less than UPS, as they will just load stuff in around cars that are shipped.

HILLY

Supporter
Try these guys.
I have found them to be very good value and hassle free.
They have containers leaving the states every week.

PETER LEAHY CUSTOM IMPORTS
Ph: 07 55375288 Fax: 07 55289899

Back