Used Tyres wanted

Hi Guys

Im new here so hope im posting in the right place. I am a car nut through and through I personally love the GT40 (as I expect all of you do) such a great design and it would be the car id do if I ever do a kit car. but before I talk myself into building or buying a GT40 I think its best to finish the project ive already started.

Like I said I have my hands full with a resto project, but its alittle more than that, im putting a substantial percentage of extra power and upgrading the entire drive train in order to cope. Engine to tyres it will all be new... this is where my problem is.
I need to get hold of some tyres that I could use for mock up so I can check the clearances and get the spacing exactly how I want.

However because the car is many years away from the road im not really wanting to buy brand new tyres. I know a few of you run the tyre im looking for and was wondering if your replacing or have spent your tyres on the race track wheather u'd be interested in passing them onto me maybe for alittle something

they dont need to be legal as long as they are inflatable they'll do.

the tyre ive been looking at is the Avon 295 x 50 R15
but any 295 x 50 R15 will probably do

this would be a massive help to me and id be massivly greatful.

I work just across the road from the silverstone circuit so if anyone is throwing away some old tyres after a weekend of racing maybe we could arrange something, id be willing to travel to collect as well.

Thanks

Ryan

(oh just had a thought this only really applies to the guys in the UK)

Simon thanks thats kinda of what im looking for

Unforntantly there alittle too small for the rear a fractionally to bigger for the fronts (good old sods law lol)

but yer thats kinda where Im wanting to go.
just some old tyres that are no use to anyone, as long as there inflatable im interested... purely for mock up only... so they can be unsafe/illegal for the road

Thanks

Ryan

Hi Ryan,
I have 2 x rears (275/50x15) and 2 x fronts (225/50x15) you could have v. cheap - £50 for the lot, if you collect!
They're Hoosier TD's with reasonable tread left, so the rears would be pretty close in size to the 295 you're looking for.
Give me a call if you're interested.
Mark

Thanks Mark

I dont want to seem fussy but there is some tightish tolances and the wheel well will need either "rubbing" or cutting and re profiling.

thanks though... does anyone else know what a GTD tyre size would be (might be a stupid question) but better asked than not

Ryan

Back