Transaxel Needed

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
Re: Transaxle Needed

I have a ZF-2, previously rebuilt, safety wired and currently set up with a hydraulic throwout. Std Pantera gear ratios and is still in the Pantera orientation so would require flipping for GT40 use. It is currently painted with a ppg black which could be stripped if you so desired. I'll sell for $6.5K

I'm in Reno, NV so pick up, delivery or a meet might be an option to save a few $$.

Drop me a PM or e-mail julian_kift(at)hotmail(dot)com if interested.

Photo of it prior to removal from car.....

Attachments

• Spare ZF-2.jpg
    Spare ZF-2.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 323
hi Jim

I am shipping two ZFQ's to Olthoffs on the 15th February, I could make it 3 if you want a new one.

regards

Chris Melia.

Re: Transaxle Needed

I have a ZF-2, previously rebuilt, safety wired and currently set up with a hydraulic throwout. Std Pantera gear ratios and is still in the Pantera orientation so would require flipping for GT40 use. It is currently painted with a ppg black which could be stripped if you so desired. I'll sell for $6.5K

I'm in Reno, NV so pick up, delivery or a meet might be an option to save a few $$.

Drop me a PM or e-mail julian_kift(at)hotmail(dot)com if interested.

Photo of it prior to removal from car.....

Hi Julian, dumb question here for you - why does it need to be flipped? Isn't the pantera engine/transaxle configuration the same as a GT40??

Thanks.

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
As Jac states the Pantera and GT40 run the ZF in 180 degree orientations. To flip it you need to flip the R&P over or you'll have 1 forward and 5 reverse gears. That part is pretty straight forward, then becuase what was the top in the Pantera is the bottom in the GT40 you need some internal oil drain holes and a couple other minor changes for oil fill/drain etc.

The ERA build manual explains fairly well what's involved and there is a free download on their website. However, the free version doesn't have the photo's that provide the visual aid.

Any of the reputable ZF builders can do it for you if you consider it beyond your comfort level.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
I would sell you mine and buy a ZFQ with a 3.77, mine is a M1 with 4.22, the M1 has a metric input shaft. I am leaving here for CA soon as the snow leaves. Send me a PM if your interested. It was rebuild by RBT prior to my purchase, then I had to have the shift rod changed from left to right. The ring gear is safety wired. Has 7k miles on it since rebuild.

If still needed, I have an NOS M1 ZF set to go in a GT40. ERA bellhousing, RBT "eared" cover, safety wired, hydraulic throwout... All work performed and documented by Dennis Quella.

I have a Porsche G50/03 (5 spd). Has been completely rebuilt by Renigade Hybrids. Both the 4th and 5th gears have been exchanged for taller gears. I comes with a 40% LSD, and has been set up for inverted use with Mid Engine layouts.

Price is $8500.00 firm, plush shipping.

I live in Charlotte, NC. (28277)

If interested, please send a PM. I'll respond as soon as I can.

PICT0269.jpg

PICT0265.jpg

PICT0263.jpg

Back