Wanted Inspection stickers for Daytona & Sebring

I would like to put something like this on my car before I show it. Has anyone been able to come up with a good picture of one of these? I want to replicate one for my roll bar.

{Inspection stickers for Daytona & Sebring}
1076-032.jpg

Perhaps you could try something like this? I am going to make one myself for the P4. These pics are from Daytona in '67

Attachments

• 67 Daytona 24 close up.jpg
    67 Daytona 24 close up.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 388
  • 67 Daytona Driver change 24.jpg
    67 Daytona Driver change 24.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 380
Mark - Thanks for the idea. That would certainly be easy enough to make. I still would like to know what the two decals on the roll bar said. I could at least make something close then.

How about something like this?

Last edited:
At the 2005 Goodwood Revival, I parked my Shelby GT350 clone in the classic car lot, and I looked in my rear view mirror as a Ferrari 250 GTO clone passed behind, and parked up about four or five cars down the row.

As I approached it, I thought it was the best 250 GTO clone I'd ever seen--until I looked inside and saw years worth of genuine scrutineering stickers plastered on the door! :stunned:

DSCN8148.jpg

Only in England would somebody drive a genuine, $10-12 million Ferrari to a race, then just walk away from it and leave it unattended! :thumbsup:

Except, as it turns out, this is a replica based on a Datsun 240Z. That's why it looks ever-so-slightly 'off'.

BTW, click on the image above and it will enlarge; click on the enlarged image and it will enlarge (slightly) again....

Last edited by a moderator:
A great photo Mike. If it were mine, I'd have an army of Ninja's guarding it, 'cause those 'Johnny Foreigner' Colonial types get everywhere! ;)

A great photo Mike. If it were mine, I'd have an army of Ninja's guarding it, 'cause those 'Johnny Foreigner' Colonial types get everywhere! ;)

HAHAHAHA!!!

Yeah, this guy was way cool. He just clicked the door shut and then walked straight away; didn't even look back over his shoulder. Of course, it turns out that was for good reason.

Here's a photo of the actual car:

DSCN8147.jpg

At first I thought it was a replica, because of the flared wheel arches and the relatively low-profile tires. I have subsequently learned that it IS a replica, but one that has been detailed to the max. The proportions somehow looked a bit 'off' to me, and that's because it's a rebodied Datsun 240Z!

It was sold at auction last year:

http://www.motorbase.com/auctionlot/by-id/1204515255/

It would be great to know where he got all those scrutineering stickers, that's for sure.

Note the registration as well; that alone is probably a pretty spendy item!

That really shows how the smallest of details can be very convincing. It would be fantastic to get hold of those stickers. Any photoshop wizards in here???

I really figured some one here would have had a good idea what the decals said on old 1036. I think if we could come up with that, we would be 90% there in making them.

Mike that guy went just a little overboard with those for sure.

I do have one SEBRING decal for the car. Now I just want a couple more to help replicate the true nostalgic feel I am trying to achieve.

Back