GT40 chassis wanted

Hi Guys

I've lost patience with my scratch build mainly due to time constraints, but I haven't lost the desire to build a 40 so I'm looking for a stalled build, can you help?

Andrew
07515 019820

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Kathy, I don't know if you realized it, but the post to which you responded is 7 years old.

There is a forum for eBay links here on GT40's, if I'm not mistaken, but if you were to want to try to sell the kit here on the forum I think you'd need to invest in a membership. That cost is minimal and lands your product right, smack dab in the middle of the most GT40 intensive discussion forum on the net.

Give it some thought....it might work out better than your eBay listing.

Cheers!

Doug

Re: GT40 chassis wanted to sell

I have been considering selling my scratch built steel tub GT40 Mark I on this site. Any recommendations on how to proceed? The tub is all done and in steel. I have been so busy with Ford GT's I think it's time to give up finishing the GT40 project. Looking for some advice and guidance.

Jim Dunham

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Jim,

I love the work done on your chassis... If I had the space in my shop and a wee bit more time on my hands, I would love to make it mine...

Jim that looks like a lot of work put into that chassis, shame if you sell it. 6-7 years !
It would probably sell fairly easy but if you worked out what your hourly rate would have been I bet its not a lot. Its a labour of love.
what ever way you go best of luck mate

Thanks for the kind words. I know - it was a ton of work not to mention measuring and scanning original cars to make all the CAD drawings. It took about 6 years of work just to get the chassis tub completed. Hand fabricating all the panels was a real challenge but very enjoyable. I know I will never get the labor out of it but I am so tied up with other projects (e.g. 2005 Ford GT race car project that I would love to see the GT40 project go to a good home for completion. I have the 48 IDA carbs, ZF gearbox, windshield, 6 pin hubs and drive spindles (per original), original uprights, 5.0L engine, radiator, FAV steering wheel etc etc.....pretty much everything but tires and wheels to finish it.

Hi Guys, I finally got around to putting pen to paper. I am selling the chassis and body with parts as one group and then also have available other parts such as ZF SD-2 trans, bellhousing, 48 IDA Webers, etc. I am asking :

Chassis / Body / Parts: $27,500 (1)

I have a flyer with photos and details I can email if you send a note to [email protected]

(1) Includes: Integral 4130 roll cage, Steering Wheel, column, steering rack , front lower control arms, rear upper links , 4 rear long links, rear coilovers, Complete Mark I Fiberglass Body (nose, doors,
rocker, tail, nose insert, closeout panels, hood) & Instrument Panel. Includes original battery box cover. Includes Windshield & Side Door Plexiglas windows with pop out cutouts, alum backpanel,
Includes Headlamps and light covers / rear tail aluminum grills included. Orig GT40 Magnesium rear pivot brkts for tail pivots, includes radiator, original style oil cooler, fuel pumps and bracket.

Jim

Michael Holmes

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Guys, I finally got around to putting pen to paper. I am selling the chassis and body with parts as one group and then also have available other parts such as ZF SD-2 trans, bellhousing, 48 IDA Webers, etc. I am asking :

Chassis / Body / Parts: $27,500 (1)

I have a flyer with photos and details I can email if you send a note to [email protected]

(1) Includes: Integral 4130 roll cage, Steering Wheel, column, steering rack , front lower control arms, rear upper links , 4 rear long links, rear coilovers, Complete Mark I Fiberglass Body (nose, doors,
rocker, tail, nose insert, closeout panels, hood) & Instrument Panel. Includes original battery box cover. Includes Windshield & Side Door Plexiglas windows with pop out cutouts, alum backpanel,
Includes Headlamps and light covers / rear tail aluminum grills included. Orig GT40 Magnesium rear pivot brkts for tail pivots, includes radiator, original style oil cooler, fuel pumps and bracket.

Jim

Email sent, very interested.

Guys, I put an ad for the GT40 in Cars for Sale with links to construction and parts that are also available with it.

Jim

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Rod, Jim hasn't been on here in almost a year.

Last Activity: 1st December 2014 06:17 PM

I do know that the car was sold, and if memory serves me correctly it's new home is in Maine.
The new owner may chime in, but he is not on here a lot either.

Regards Brian

Rod,
I replied to your message.
Brian,
You are correct it is in Maine. I've been trying to gather correct parts for it for a few years now. Actually just last night missed out on a pair of seats on Evil bay...
If all goes well should be able to start on the project this winter.
Regards,
Mark

Back