WANTED - GTD Headers

Mike Pass

Supporter
I assume you have the original GTD non crossover headers. Most exhaust systems use the crossover pattern which gives the distinctive GT40 sound. There are many suppliers for what you want. In the USA you could try RCR or USA Tornado dealer or you may be able to find a race exhaust builder who can make up a set using some of the photos and info on this site - use the search function to find pics and info. You could order from the UK from Tornado, Southern GT etc.
You may need to check the firing order of the motor you have as it may have the 351 order so the pipe setup may need changing to give the right GT40 sound.
Cheers
Mike

Hi Mike and thanks for the response. Yes, I have the non-crossover type headers. I just dont know if RCR, Souther GT or Tornado pipes will fit, but I will take your advice and ask them.

Thanks

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I think a lot depends on how high up your engine sits in the chassis and what transaxle you have.

Contact Fran Hall over at RCR.. The headers I have from him hug the transaxle pretty closely..

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Here's a couple of pics for you;

IMG_1155.jpg

IMG_1159.jpg

I did some re-work on the mufflers to get them to fit the way I wanted them to;
IMG_1112.jpg

IMG_2537.jpg

I guess every car is different and it would be difficult to find a set exactly like what I have and just bolt them on. No problem, that's part of the fun. Thanks to all the read my post and respopnded.

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
I have a set of CAV stainless headers for a Ford 302, unused.

Consists of the header pipes and collectors, no mufflers.

I can get them out of storage and take some photos, measurements if there is interest.

I don't have too much idea on pricing right now, what do they sell for new?

Hi Andy, what is the cost of the exhust with mufflers? Are they ceramic coated?

Also, what's the cost and demensions of the race seat in leather?

Thank you

Julian, thank you for your response. Without knowing that they would for sure fit, I dont think I would rely on my measuring skills to ensure the CAV system would fit. I have no measuring skills.

GJ, all yours.

Thanks again

Back