gt40 wanted in canada

Hi i am new here and i am looking for a gt40 replica in Canada,i would rather get one in Canada because i don't think i can legally import from the U.S. so if anyone has one for sale let me know,thank you,Anthony.

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
Are you looking for a kit to build or a completed car? The regulations are complex, but you can get either with some compromise i.e. a completed car has to be first registered 15 years ago.

Hi. Here's an email excerpt from a member in BC.

<I would be interested. If there is strong documentation to show the car was
built and registered in 1996, then it would meet the 15 year old exemption
for Transport Canada and I could import it without much hassle. So, send me
some info! I'm in Alberta, right next to BC>

You may not be limited to Canadian cars only.

I just brought one in this month. It was fun at the border but we made. You can contact me and I can help you. My buddy imports cars and we did it so now he knows all the paperwork needed.

I just brought one in this month. It was fun at the border but we made. You can contact me and I can help you. My buddy imports cars and we did it so now he knows all the paperwork needed.

Thank you I might get in touch with you if you don't mind but I may go the route of building an RCR kit,regards,Anthony.

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
My 1993 KVA Mk1 is going up for sale as soon as I can finish up some work (interior refit, new lexan windows etc.), the irony is that I'm relocating to Calgary by early July, but selling down the car collection and not taking the KVA GT40.

Julian

There you go Anthony that one should make the requirement. Just make sure the paper work all gets done well. If your in Ontario I have an importer that knows the paper work now.

My 1993 KVA Mk1 is going up for sale as soon as I can finish up some work (interior refit, new lexan windows etc.), the irony is that I'm relocating to Calgary by early July, but selling down the car collection and not taking the KVA GT40.

I've seen Julian's car--it's beautiful. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it if I lived in Canada and needed to have an 'old' car to satisfy the (stupid) government regulations.

I suppose it's smarter for him to sell it to a Canadian while it's still in the USA and let the new buyer get it across the border, than to take it across himself and then sell it there? In any case, consider it highly recommended! :thumbsup:

I've seen Julian's car--it's beautiful. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it if I lived in Canada and needed to have an 'old' car to satisfy the (stupid) government regulations.

I suppose it's smarter for him to sell it to a Canadian while it's still in the USA and let the new buyer get it across the border, than to take it across himself and then sell it there? In any case, consider it highly recommended! :thumbsup:

Thank you Mike,I just sent Julian the money so I am now the proud owner.

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
Anthony's Mk1 KVA finally shipped out for Nova Scotia today. I hope he enjoys owning it as much as I have.

Attachments

• IMG_3007.jpg
    IMG_3007.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_3008.jpg
    IMG_3008.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_3009.jpg
    IMG_3009.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 273
Back