GT40 Seats wanted

Kent,
What are you looking for in a seat? Are you tracking the car or are you strictly for the street. If you are thinking of tracking the car you may want a five/six point harness. That will require a different type of seat. If that is your goal, I would suggest the ones I am using. Racetech. If not them, you will need a seat that has the cutouts for the belts and is semi reclined to fit against the firewall. They will hold you in the seat without sliding around. I rode in several GT 40 before building mine. They weremore period correct seats and very comfortable while riding along in them, but rounding corners at speed I felt I had to hang on to something like the dash or the door. If a three point is your choice, then you have a wider selection.
One last thing to think about is, how big is your butt. If you are a "big boned" person, then the choices become limited. Racetech has a built in graphic that gives you the measurements of each section of the seat. I am 5-9 and 160 and over sixty(different body proportions), and I fit very nicely in mine.

Bill

First put a Racetech seat in your car, and make a promise you won't drive it til you fit. Then try to sit in/on it. They do have a wider one now,50mm wider. If those two don't motivate you,,,,,,,,,, tell your wife no sex til you do(reverse psychology). That should do it!!:confused:

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
I have a pair of seats that actually came out of a Sabre (Infinity Coachworks or KVA) they bolt direct to the floor, no tracks and are very narrow in the butt. I replaced them with a pair of Superformance leather seats. Those are just foam covered with leather.

The KVA seats are available at the ridiculous price of zero, just pay shipping ex Reno, NV.

Julian

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
That's funny I reached out to superformance and they blew me off when I asked about seats . Must be because I am ugly

Hey, I couldn't even see you! What I said was the seats would not be cheap and would take some time as they are not stocked in the US. Actually if you come down you could borrow a seat from my car and have the foam cut and covered for a lot less.

Rick

I ended up getting a nice set from a forum member. with the seats shipping and customs I would say I spent just over 3000.00 dollars. they are great seats. I gave my old ones away here. Rick I was giving you a hard time here. no hard feeling.

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
Hey, I couldn't even see you! What I said was the seats would not be cheap and would take some time as they are not stocked in the US. Actually if you come down you could borrow a seat from my car and have the foam cut and covered for a lot less.

Rick

At the time Hillbank in SoCal had them in stock, something around the $1,000 mark if I recall.

Julian

Back