sequential trans wanted

Looking for a sequential trans to go behind my 302. Consider all makes power handling must not be less than 700hp. Will be local and international please let me know what you have.

That's a pretty tough spec, and to try and find something second hand? I'd suggest contacting Elite Racing Transmissions in the UK for a new build, or if you have deeper pockets, XTrac or Sadev...

Just for the sake of the argument, the Xtrac 626 LMP transverse stack transmission starts at £33k plus options, plus support. Around £52k fully optioned, plus engineering and track support. That's deep pockets...

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Not many race cars get to have 700hp in sanctioned racing , that's where the majority of seq. boxes get sold as parts for a race team package.
Its not viable for a transaxle manufacturer to build one offs at non race team budget levels.

A Holinger gear set for a Porsche transaxle case runs around $25k but it wont live long behind 700hp though...and that does not include installation from memory BTW.

PPG also from Australia makes a similar gearset at a similar price too.

Thanks guys for all the feed back i'll be sure to keep updated with what I decide. at this stage im looking at the quaife. The engine is a ex V8 Australian supercar how do I post pics, I will put a couple up?

Hope this (from the FAQ section) helps Joe...

How do I attach a file to a post?
To attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'. To use the main 'New Post' page, click the 'Post Reply' button in the relevant thread.
On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'. Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment either from your computer or from another URL by using the appropriate box on this page. Alternatively you can click the Attachment Icon to open this page.
To upload a file from your computer, click the 'Browse' button and locate the file. To upload a file from another URL, enter the full URL for the file in the second box on this page. Once you have completed one of the boxes, click 'Upload'.
Once the upload is completed the file name will appear below the input boxes in this window. You can then close the window to return to the new post screen.

What files types can I use? How large can attachments be?
In the attachment window you will find a list of the allowed file types and their maximum sizes. Files that are larger than these sizes will be rejected. There may also be an overall quota limit to the number of attachments you can post to the board.

Hi Joe

Just had to ask, what are you going to do with a DRB with 700 HP? is it a race car or road/race or just road. I would be looking to pay attention any time the throttle was moved, looking forward to seeing some more of the project.

Darrell DRB#48
LS1/G50

attached a few pics
Hope this (from the FAQ section) helps Joe...

How do I attach a file to a post?
To attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'. To use the main 'New Post' page, click the 'Post Reply' button in the relevant thread.
On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'. Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment either from your computer or from another URL by using the appropriate box on this page. Alternatively you can click the Attachment Icon to open this page.
To upload a file from your computer, click the 'Browse' button and locate the file. To upload a file from another URL, enter the full URL for the file in the second box on this page. Once you have completed one of the boxes, click 'Upload'.
Once the upload is completed the file name will appear below the input boxes in this window. You can then close the window to return to the new post screen.

What files types can I use? How large can attachments be?
In the attachment window you will find a list of the allowed file types and their maximum sizes. Files that are larger than these sizes will be rejected. There may also be an overall quota limit to the number of attachments you can post to the board.

Attachments

• IMG_1584.jpg
    IMG_1584.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_1611_resized.jpg
    IMG_1611_resized.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 305

Keith

As a matter of interest, if that is an ex Supercar lump, aren't the primaries a little small in diameter? I could be wrong but they look around 1 5/8ths when I would have thought 1 3/4 would be the order of the day..

The pipes are 1.3/4” stepped 1.7/8”
re transmission ive had confirmation Quaife cannot assist due to the power output however both albins and holinger have been more than helpful and im in talks with both. if any one is interested I also have the specs and dimensions of these boxes should anyone like to see.

The pipes have been modified since and now 1.3/4” stepped 1.7/8”
re transmission ive had confirmation Quaife cannot assist due to the power output however both albins and holinger have been more than helpful and im in talks with both. if any one is interested I also have the specs and dimensions of these boxes should anyone like to see

Attachments

• DSC_0654.jpg
    DSC_0654.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 267
It is not a GT40 but I run 800hp through my AGB10, and have so for 5 years without issue.
Steve from Albins was fantastic when I walked in wondering if they could help.

I agree david I spoke to craig from albins who was great and with support like that makes the purchase easier. thanks for reconfirming your experience.
im looking at the AGB or the ST6 I like the ST6 because of the drop gears. did you have an opinion?

Back