MSD ignition system all in one UK place

Does anyone know of a UK stockist of all the MSD ignition system, (6AL2 power pack, coil, non vacuum steel geared distributor) for Ford 302 SB V8, under one roof.

Damned if I can find one. Have I got to order it all from the USA?

Graham,
You might look at the USA site and check out their videos. If they still have them(done by Dave Fryberger?) then It will tell you all about setting them up and tips that you might need(things like phasing the distributor). I converted my COP(351 Windsor) setup to a distributor and MSD box. They even had the info for locking the distributor out so there is no advance and using the 6al for the spark. Timing was done by my electronics(crank trigger) that I had used for the COP setup(FAST). May have been the 6A(didn't have a rev limiter). May, if I get the time convert it to one with the rev limiter chips.

Bill

Thankyou for your quick response.

Sadly though, they do not stock the distributor. Should have added in my original specification that it must be the small diameter bodied distributor.

No one seems to stock all the pieces in one go.

Johnny, Real Steel do not do the distributor.

Bill, it,s not the setting up, but obtaining the parts from ONE supplier here in the UK. It,s as easy as the air we breathe, in getting the items in the USA, but I had hoped a supplier in the UK might have all the parts.

Do you really need the 6 AL2 box etc ???, you can now get the 'ready to run' MSD dizzys with rev limiter built in ( easy to set & verifiable before you start up on your tacho, no chips and you can disable if your brave! ), only three wires to hook up, probably have to buy & fit the steel gear ( probably the best way to ensure its done right ). Small dia body and cap and all the usual MSD features of weight, spring, adjustments for advance curve. 8352 for 289/302 and 8354 for 351w.

Thankyou all for your input and information.

Now I do like the simplicity of the all in one distributor set up, but I have read of problems with the MSD 8352.

Am I to be concerned, and can any of you who are more in the know, or actually using them, give your valuable knowledge.

Back