US - WTB Superformance GT40 MKI

My first post. I hope to be an owner soon and learn a lot from this community in the process.
I'm looking for a well sorted, excellent example of a predominantly street driven Superformance MKI GT40. My budget is $120k, but will stretch a bit for the right car. I'm not a dealer or collector...just an enthusiast and a long admirer of the GT40. So when I say that's my budget, that's pretty much it. This has been my dream car for some time however, and will try not to let emotions get in the way. :stunned:

Through my years in buying and sometimes selling Porsches, I understand that often times private sellers are reluctant to let go of their pride and joys. What has worked for me in this hobby is that I offer sellers (if desired) a right of first refusal if/when I decide to sell the car again in the future, at the price I paid or below as the market dictates at the time. As I've said before, I'm not a dealer and never think about making any money off this hobby...not that I'm against in any way those who do...

Please let me know if you have one that I can consider or may know of one. I'm in the DC suburb and can buy anywhere in the country. Many thanks.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I think you will find that the last SPF MK I sold at that price point was some years ago. I would venture that you will need to hit the high 130s and above for a MK I that drives.

For those of you who own cars that are appreciating, please keep up the insurance. It can be painful to lose a car, and add insult to injury.

Gabe, +1 with Tim.

The ERA is a very well built car with a very good reputation and should be considered as a viable option to the SPF. I'm assuming you've also considered CAV and RCR?

Back