where to buy a body gt40 at a low price?

I thought to buy a kit in the Tornado, but I learned that it is impossible to delivered a ready frame into our country (Kazakhstan).

Сustoms will not allow.

In addition, I will have to pay at customs a percentage of the cost of the body.

Where can I buy the body GT40 MK1 at the lowest price?

And yet, the frame plans can be bought or chassis sold only ready?

Yours faithfully, Slava.

p.s. Sorry for my bad english =(

None of the sellers wants to sell disassembled kits = (

Southern GT - no aswer

Tornado - Responded to the first message, and then ignored

Gt-Forte - to responded to the first message, and then ignored

They do not care about customers?

Kimson,

you are too impatient.

Give them a chance to reply, as they are are not huge multi-national companies with lots of staff. I know that Mick Southern is moving his workshops just down the site a little to larger premises so there may be delays.

None of these manufacturers actually make the body parts, so really you should be tracing the fibreglass moulders and makers themselves if you require "instant" replies.

I know that Lee Dawson who makes many GT40 bodies, is extremely busy and there are waiting lists.

Be aware though ...... none of the makers are "cheap". There is much time and effort in producing good panels.

Kimson,

you are too impatient.

Give them a chance to reply, as they are are not huge multi-national companies with lots of staff. I know that Mick Southern is moving his workshops just down the site a little to larger premises so there may be delays.

None of these manufacturers actually make the body parts, so really you should be tracing the fibreglass moulders and makers themselves if you require "instant" replies.

I know that Lee Dawson who makes many GT40 bodies, is extremely busy and there are waiting lists.

Be aware though ...... none of the makers are "cheap". There is much time and effort in producing good panels.

:thumbsup:

Also depends what time you phone, SGT usually start work around 7:30 and finish early on a Friday. If you are emailing sometimes emails have a tendency to get lost or end up in the recipients spam folder so may not be found for a little while.

Maybe I'm really impatient =)

Gt-Forte give answer.

Anybody can tell about this company?
Is this a good seller?

i find this forum locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=165838&page=0&contribmessage=none

There they tell horrors about Darren.

I'm trying to figure out if it's worth ordering a kit from him.

Price is realy good =)

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Kimson

We have replied to all of your emails.

We never ignore any emails and all replies are the same day.

Graham

Just for your info we manufacture everything ourselves including all of the body parts.

Thanks

Andy

Kimson

We have replied to all of your emails.

We never ignore any emails and all replies are the same day.

Graham

Just for your info we manufacture everything ourselves including all of the body parts.

Thanks

Andy
Hi, Andy!

Sorry, but you did not.
I checked now.

Mail:info @ tornadosportscars . com
After your last reply (22.09.2017), I wrote to you twice (24.09.2017 and 26.09.2017).

Maybe my mail went into spam?

Thanks

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Kimson

I just checked our email sent folder and we replied on both of those dates.

Perhaps our replies are in your spam folder.

I will re send the latest reply again now.

Thanks

Andy

Andy,

I most humbly apologise to you and all other readers for my mistake. I had no idea that you did the body construction in house.

All credit to you.

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Graham

That's OK.

We manufacture virtually everything in house now. Its the only way to go to guarantee quality.

During the 28 years we have been producing GT40 replicas we have striven to be independent of outside sources and have constantly invested in our own manufacturing facilities.

We even make our own steering wheels these days!

Thanks

Andy

There you are Kimson.

I told you to be patient.

Patience - would be a mistake.

If it were not for this topic, I would not have recognized Andy's answer,
keeping patience.

My great respect for Tornado Company!

After reading a lot of topics about the construction of the GT40 from the Tornado.
I think they make a terrific product, of excellent quality!

If not problems with our customs, most likely i tried to order from tornado.

The problem is that I can not buy a finished chassis.
I'll have to clear it with double price.
and pay 20% for body.
i need to look for the disassembled chassis kit as in gt-forte =(

p.s. As a person working in IT, it seems to me, Tornado need a more modern site =)

Kimson

I just checked our email sent folder and we replied on both of those dates.

Perhaps our replies are in your spam folder.

I will re send the latest reply again now.

Thanks

Andy

Andy,

This is really my fault =(

I read your first letter from home, and then probably from work.
Because we do not work with foreign clients, all of them letters go to another folder.

You are really satisfied with all the letters, deserving even more respect for you and your comapny =)

I apologize!

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
As another person working in IT, you seem to be one of "those" customers a supplier might steer well clear of if they wish to avoid a lot of uneccessary hassle...

As another person working in IT, you seem to be one of "those" customers a supplier might steer well clear of if they wish to avoid a lot of uneccessary hassle...

On the one hand, I'm problem customer, because I need a disassembled kit.

And on the other hand, I'm ready to buy an unassembled kit of spare parts without causing trouble.

Body, frame kit and suspension parts - the supplier does not even need to spend their energy on the assembly.

Is this a bad deal?

Although I'm counting on a discount ^^

Back