SPF GT Transmission Install Supplement

This is offered as a supplement to the RBT – ZF transmission install instructions provided by Dynamic Motorsports to SPF GT40 owners who purchased their cars from them. The Dynamic instructions written by Mike Evangelo are excellent and get you most of the way through the process but in my install, I had to get a little deeper. The following are brief notes and photos to help with that process. The Dynamic instructions are copyrighted so I can't publish them here but in the near future I will post my own version of these instructions so check back.

To get the seat belts out of the way, wire tie them to the roof.

DSCN0511.JPG

Per the Dynamic instructions, they are absolutely correct when they say it is easier to get the linkage correct with it out of the car. Clamp the shifter to a board on the floor in front the the trans as shown. This would be very difficult to do with the engine in the car because you have to make so many modifications to the brackets and mounts.

DSCN0517.JPG

DSCN0560.JPG

DSCN0533.JPG

Because of clearance issues after I mod'ed the shift cable brackets, I had to cut down the lock nut and washer as shown. The nut was then knurled so I could grip it to tighten the lock nut on the other side of the bracket.

DSCN0683.JPG

DSCN0561.JPG

DSCN0685.JPG

DSCN0566.JPG

By mounting the SPF supplied bracket, there is not enough clearance to use cotter pins so safety wire is the only option and is arguably better anyway.

DSCN0575.JPG

Back