Please help with first purchase

Hi,

As I mentioned in my intoduction post, thanks for allowing me in your community! I first saw my first GT40 replica a few months ago and almost lost my mind. I have since decided to make my first purchase. For the past week I have ate, slept, and breathed GT40. I know that sounds drastic, but I have never seen anything like a GT40 ever!

I want to purchase my friends Fiberfab GT 12 and I would like your help in knowing if the price tag of $7500.00 is reasonable. I will attach a picture and list some specs to help you help me make my first purchase. I tried to post more pics, but for some reason I couldn't.

- 1977 Fiberfab Avenger GT12, one peice
- 1835cc VW motor & chassis
- dual carbs
- interior upholstered in black carpet (very well done)
- engine access through rear chrome gate above license plate

Please forgive me if my post is not displayed properly.

Sincerely,
Titus

I screwed up the attachment on the first post. I will attach more when I learn how.

Attachments

• 65226-topcar.jpg
    65226-topcar.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 343
Welcome Titus

Others have inquired about the Fiberfab cars, and while
inspired by the GT40 look, they really aren't related.

If you puruse some of the threads on this Forum, I think
you'll find a pretty strict interpretation of what a
GT40 replica must have ....an "authentic" looking body,
and V8 power as a minimum.

This is not to say the Avenger isn't a fun car....
it certainly will turn heads...but it's not what this
Forum addresses.Regarding price...if it's done nicely,
$ 7500 would seem very reasonable. They come up on E-bay
from time to time...and high quality samples will reach
$ 7500 or more. Good luck.

MikeD

Mike,

Thanks for your insight in regards to the purchase of my first GT40 replica. As I have discovered through my research, there are strict inperpretations on what a GT40 replica should be. Some people may feel that my car is a bad knock off and not worthy to be considered a GT40 replica while others say all except the originals should be put in the same boat as replica's, and for that reason no one GT40 replica is better than the other in a broader sense. As for me, I like what I like and find favor with the later of the two notions. . .

Thanks Again,
Titus

Back