Another newbie leaves the shadows...

Hey Everyone --

I have finally decided to come out of the shadows and step into the light of day on this board. I have been a fan of the GT40 since I was about 5 years old watching racing from LeMans on ABC's Wide World of Sports.

I'll probably never have the priviledge of owning an actual GT40, but I still hold onto the fantasy that one day I'll have a replica. At the very least I still have my camera which allows me the opportunity to take pictures of this wonderful machine.

One contributor to this forum talks about how the 1989 reunion at Road America was the closest to heaven he'll get. For me, GT40 nirvana was reached at the Daytona International Speedway back in November 1999 at the Historic Sports Car Racing event that featured a GT40 reunion. Going to that event rekindled my interest in the machine that had laid dormant for some time.

From what I've seen this is probably one of the best run, best organized forums around. Best of all I enjoy the sense of community that exists here. Bravo.

I may not have the technical background that some of you do, but that doesn't dim my enthusiasm any less.

Thanks for letting me be a part of this forum.

Tod

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Welcome Tod,

Don't worry about the technical background. You will certainly gather what you need through the development of your car. And what you don't, we are all here to lend that helping hand of knowledge.

The enthusiasm part is what joins us all. You can't be around these cars and not sense your a part of history and all that was associated with it's accomplishment /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Back