another new "green pea"

another new \"green pea\"

Just bought a FAV GTD40, joined up and hope to find out something about the fav"s.In business, out of business, good quality, bad etc. after a few weeks or months I will know more about what I have.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Re: another new \"green pea\"

Need more information, got pictures? If so post them. If you have some with the bodywork off or opened up then many of use will be able to tell you waht you have.

Wellcome to the group.

Howard Denis Jones

A FAV GTD probably not, without seeing the car I can probably say with some confidence that its a GTD with a FAV number plate ala Fran Kress, if indeed its a FAV would it not be an original car?

You should probably hope its a GTD, not in business anymore, but one of the best supported replicas there is.

Where did you pick it up? Pictures as Howard said would help a great deal.

The car was originally owned by "Snake eyes" and Cal Metal" Never heard of Fran Kress, guess I have a lot to learn. It has the same paint scheme as the red and white one that is posted on your
(Chris K) I.D. next to the blue one.
I will try to post pics when I figure out how. Not very computor savy!

This must then be your car, and indeed its a GTD, a very nice GTD at that

Attachments

• 68123-GT40-sharapata-tx.jpg
    68123-GT40-sharapata-tx.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 294

Yep, that's the ONE. so the GTD is a "keeper", I am very satisfied with the quality of the car, of course I don't have anything to compare it to. Thanks for the info!

P.S. on the vin plate it shows an FAV and vin #. how can you tell if it is an FAV and would that make any diff?

The VIN Plate is a purchased item and just for looks, it really doesn't mean anything, but looks nice.

HI Dennis -

Also can be viewed here http://www.gtd40club.co.uk/40Register/GTD/GTDIndex.htm as car number '5' -

Perhaps I could update the register details if you are happy for it to still be included??? Drop me an email either way...

Also, think about joining the club, we welcome ALL makes and models of 40 or like me, you don't have to have one, just an interest!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back