Hello from a likely lurker

Gentlemen (& perhaps ladies?),

Good day. I am a long term GT40 fan who is inching towards vehiclehood. However first I must complete the restoration of my 2 Lotii & gain the agreement of she who must be obeyed. I actually own a Lotus Europa explicitly because I would like a GT40 & can't (couldn't)afford one.

My medium term plan is to watch the forum & go after someone's uncompleted build in about 18-24 months. Bizarrely I live a couple of miles from where GTD's were built & I was a friend of the man who built the chassis which reignited my interest. So far I've only had a passenger ride in a GTD, which was impressive, but demonstrated I need a Gurney Bubble to be comfy.

Apart from this post I do not feel qualified to post regularly, so as my title suggested I will be lurking for a while.

Geoff
(Gulf GT40 1968 1/43rd scale)

Welcome Geoff -

If GTDs are your particular thing.. think about joining the GTD40 Car Club. You'll not find a more helpful, enthusiastic bunch with a wealth knowledge anywhere, except possibly here of course! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously though, you don't need to be an owner to join the club (I'm not! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif) and you'll also then receive the quarterly magazine, a full colour, generally 52 page item packed with a wealth of owner/builder/developer experience.

Plug over!...... Welcome aboard

Hi Geoff. I'm based in dorset also. i use to work for GTD in the ninties. just to let you know i am reproducing the original GTD mk1 bodyshells. Send a PM to me if you would like to know more /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Back